Cica-Care is a self-adhesive silicone gel sheet that is designed for the temporary use in the management of both existing and new hypertrophic scars and keloids. It is also indicated for use as a prophylactic therapy on closed wounds to help to prevent hypertrophic scarring and keloids. Cica-Care is durable, comfortable and re-usable, and also safe to use on children and adults.
- Removed from the tray and a piece is cut to fit the size of the scar.
- The release liner is then removed and the adhesive side of the gel sheet is applied to the scar.
- May be covered with elastic bandage or tape if needed.
- Should be washed in a mild, non-oily soap at least twice daily.
- Should be applied at least 12 hours per day and if possible it should be applied for 24 hours per day.
- Should be replaced when begins to wear or cleaning is difficult . The usually occurs at 10-14 day intervals.