289700 Molnlycke Mepitel One Wound Dressing 17cm x 25cm 5's
Mepitel One consists of a saftec wound contact layer on one side and a transparent, flexible, thin and perforated polyurethane film.
The safetec layer minimises pain and trauma to wounds and the surrounding skin.
Mepitel One is non-absorbent. The open perforated structure allows exudate to pass vertically into a secondary absorbent dressing pad, which must be changed as required by the conditions of the wound and the amount of exudate in order to prevent maceration.
Directions for use:
- Cleanse the wound
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly
- Choose a size of Mepitel One that covers the wound and the surrounding skin by at least 2cm. If required, Mepitel One can be cut to size.
- Remove the protective films and apply Mepitel One with the tacky side to the wound. Smooth in place onto the surrounding skin, ensuring a good seal.
- If more than 1 piece is required, overlap the dressings, making sure that the holes are not blocked.
- Apply a secondary absorbent dressing on top of Mepitel One and fixate.
Suitable for the management of wide range of exuding wounds such as painful wounds, skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiated skin, leg and foot ulcers.