284100 Molnlycke Mepilex Lite Thin Foam Dressing 10cm x 10cm 5's
Molnlycke Mepilex Lite Thin Foam Dressing is designed for treating low exuding acute and chronic wounds. It has gentle adherence with better stay-on-ability and provides excellent patient comfort. The patented Safetac technology minimizes pain and tissue damage at dressing change.
Mepilex Lite Foam Dressing Highlights:
• Very soft and conformable
• Minimizes the risk of maceration
• Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
• Can be cut to size and fit different wound shapes
• Does not slip under dressing retention
• Can be used under compression bandages
• Gentle adherence with better stay-on-ability and excellent patient comfort
Benefits of Mepilex Lite:
• Provides a moist wound healing environment. Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
• Stays in place allowing for “hands-free” to facilitate applica¬tion of compression or retention bandages
• Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
• Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
• Well suited to be used under compression bandages
• Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
• Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
• Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
• Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
When to use Mepilex Lite Dressing?
Mepilex Lite foam dressing can be used for the following conditions:
• Non to low exuding wounds
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Pressure Ulcers
• Diabetic wounds
• Traumatic wounds like skin tears and secondary healing wounds
• Radiation skin reactions
• Partial thickness burns
• Epidermolysis Bullosa
• Peristomal irritation
• Protection of compromised or fragile skin
• For use under compression and in conjunction with hydrogels
How to use Mepilex Lite Foam Dressing?
1. Clean the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly. Cut Mepilex Lite Thin Foam Dressing for customization, if required. Remove the larger release film.
2. Apply the adherent side to the wound. Mepilex Lite should overlap the dry surrounding skin by 2 cm. Remove the shorter release film and mould the dressing in place. Do not stretch the dressing.
3. Secure the dressing with a bandage or other fixation, such as Mepitac or Tubifast.