Mepilex® Border Sacrum all-in-one dressing is the only five-layer foam sacral dressing with proprietary Deep Defense TechnologyTM – proven to prevent pressure ulcers when used in conjunction with other standard prevention protocols
The design also creates an optimal healing environment for managing moderate- to high-exuding wounds of the sacral area. It effectively absorbs and retains exudate and it balances moisture properly avoiding the risk of maceration.
This recently-launched enhanced design includes new handling tabs and thicker borders allowing easier application and patient checking. When used for pressure ulcer prevention, the sacral shape has been refined so you can achieve good coverage of the high-risk sacral area – and it features an improved gluteal seal for maximum protection.
The enhanced design still includes Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So the dressing moulds softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound – you can remove it easily without damaging the skin. That means less pain for your patients.
Proven to prevent pressure ulcers – by up to 88% – when used with other standard prevention protocols
Proprietary Deep Defense Technology* protects against the extrinsic forces - pressure, shear and friction; and manages micro-climate, the key factors responsible for pressure ulcers.
Mepilex® Border with Safetac technology minimises pain during dressing changes.
Excellent fluid-handling capacity and retention
Reduces risk of maceration
Direction of use:
1. Prepare the area by cleansing the intact skin and drying the surrounding skin thoroughly.
2. After the skin is prepared, remove the center backing film by gently pulling on purple lined edge.
3. Fold the dressing in a half and gently separate the patient's buttocks.
4. Assess first the patient's anatomy to determine appropriate dressing positioning. (for proper positioning, palpate skin to locate coccyx).
5. Then, apply the dressing to the coccyx and sacral area. Smoothing at the upper aspect of gluteal cleft.
6. Remove the side backing films and gently smooth each side of the dressing into place. Ensure that entire dressing is in contact with the skin.