Mepilex® Border is a versatile all-in-one bordered foam dressing available in a large range of shapes and sizes. You can use it for managing chronic and acute wounds. Plus it’s clinically proven to help prevent pressure ulcers.
The proven five-layer construction includes Safetac®. Safetac technology wound contact layer minimizes patient pain and trauma to the wound and surrounding skin at removal while reducing the risk of maceration.
Benefits of Mepilex Border
• Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
• Does not adhere to a moist wound
• Adheres gently and securely to dry, intact skin
• Maintains a moist wound environment
• Minimizes the risk of maceration
• Designed for ease of use and patient comfort
• Barrier to outside moisture, viruses and bacteria
How Mepilex Border works
Mepilex Border has excellent fluid handling properties because of the following: Safetac technology layer – seals around wound/incision margins
• Absorption layer - ensures quick and effective absorption
• Spreading layer – spreads the exudate into the retention layer
• Retention layer – impedes exudate from being pushed back into the skin; reducing the risk of maceration
• Backing film – highly breathable; moisture and bacteria proof to protect the wound from external contamination
When to use Mepilex Border
Management of moderate to highly exuding wounds such as:
• Pressure ulcers
• Leg and foot ulcers
• Traumatic wounds (e.g., skin tears and secondary healing wounds)
• Aid in the prevention of skin damage
• Incision Care
Mepilex Border may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.